Talk about other toys we collect.
Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Queen's Blade Toys

Post by Shiaoran » Sat May 12, 2012 8:36 am

IMO no one here is sick enough to do that. That kind of people aren't collectors, they don't value their figures, they're sick perverts who see figures as sex toys. Not different from people who "use" adult magazines, though :P

But I'm glad the warning was recieved. If you're buying a figure that'd appeal to that kind of person, beware of whom you purchase it from. Think of the figure as an adult magazine, you wouldn't buy an used one from just anyone.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sat May 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Shiaoran wrote:But I'm glad the warning was recieved. If you're buying a figure that'd appeal to that kind of person, beware of whom you purchase it from. Think of the figure as an adult magazine, you wouldn't buy an used one from just anyone.
LOL what about the game books?

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 pm

star wrote:
Shiaoran wrote:But I'm glad the warning was recieved. If you're buying a figure that'd appeal to that kind of person, beware of whom you purchase it from. Think of the figure as an adult magazine, you wouldn't buy an used one from just anyone.
Isn't it obvious? They ARE adult books :P

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun May 13, 2012 1:23 pm

Shiaoran wrote:
star wrote:
Isn't it obvious? They ARE adult books :P
but the art art books intended for playing a game, I guess some people will do just about anything though

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:36 am

I think the need to worry about those things is greatly exaggerated as you need to clean them figures really well to get all of the slime off. As someone else already implied, chances are it'll be cleaner than when that guy got it. Another thing to consider is assuming a figure collector is that kind of person, no figure/toy is safe from his hands; even if it's not outright NSFW, a sexy enough figure would be enough to illicit a shower. Another thing to consider is that a lot of the pics out there actually use fake slime; using the real slime can be rather inconvenient as it can breed bacteria and then there's the smell so it's not something a self-respecting figure collector wants to risk. Because of that, I wouldn't really worry much about it but that's me. And before anyone gets the wrong impression, I don't slime figures either. :p

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Wed May 16, 2012 7:51 pm

shizen22 wrote:I think the need to worry about those things is greatly exaggerated as you need to clean them figures really well to get all of the slime off. As someone else already implied, chances are it'll be cleaner than when that guy got it. Another thing to consider is assuming a figure collector is that kind of person, no figure/toy is safe from his hands; even if it's not outright NSFW, a sexy enough figure would be enough to illicit a shower. Another thing to consider is that a lot of the pics out there actually use fake slime; using the real slime can be rather inconvenient as it can breed bacteria and then there's the smell so it's not something a self-respecting figure collector wants to risk. Because of that, I wouldn't really worry much about it but that's me. And before anyone gets the wrong impression, I don't slime figures either. :p
for me, I didn't even think of the fact that it would smell or cause bacteria growth, I was just worried about any lingering remnants that could be on it, which is gross! the only figure I justify fake slime for is one Melona statue because it goes with her character, it is also pink and doesn't look like "Slime". I just don't feel like cleaning something I payed so much money for, I don't wanna pay $50 for a figure that I will have to clean, that is rediculluos to ask.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Wed May 16, 2012 10:33 pm

I'd honestly be more worried about it with jointed figures rather than statues. The joints are always harder to clean when you need to, you have to actually dismantle the figure.

Fun memories of bathing dolls when they get home to get rid of resin dust...

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu May 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Sonja wrote:I'd honestly be more worried about it with jointed figures rather than statues. The joints are always harder to clean when you need to, you have to actually dismantle the figure.

Fun memories of bathing dolls when they get home to get rid of resin dust...
I don't mind dust in the joints, but anything else would bother me, and sometimes the revoltech joints do go back together, once I was posing Menace and her leg joint fell apart, so I put it back together and it never worked the same again, but it was a bad joint so I ordered some new joints from amiami, but it was slightly off color so I was glad it was only in her leg/hip joint were you can't see it, the joint was always slightly weak, I'm supprised it didn't fall apart sooner

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Speaking of Revoltech in general, my Orichalcum Reycal has a similar issue. So I guess that if I want to start collecting QB figures, I better be careful.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu May 17, 2012 8:36 pm

well, I may have missed out on Cattleya but I recently picked up Echidna 2p, can't wait to get her, I got her for a really good price and new! can't wait to get her, I'll reveiw her later, I'm very busy right now though with the semester ending and all LOL

@RoyalPain88: well, they are just joints, and fairly easily replaced so I wouldn't worry to much, for the most part Queen's Blade revoltechs have extremely good quality and detail! atleast most of them do, I just got the one Menace who happened to have a poor joint, other than that my only joint issue was with Siggy who's joint in her upper thigh/hip area seperated during posing, it was tight but I got plyers and works it out and it now works good as new, I would never have guess it had an issue before, It's really the same risk as you run getting any revoltech, I've actually had more issues with figma joints, my BRS game versions coat tails/wing flap joints broke imediately with almost no pressure straight out of the warm dry box, and my figma Strength also had a joint issue with her arm support, so I just took the other arm support joint and put it into my BRS, Strength really doesn't need the supports, all she needs is her stand for mine