Talk about whatever you want!
ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Dragon's Dogma

Post by ArcticKitsune » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 pm

Seeing as how I kept playing mindgames with you folks on Cbox (DD - DD artist & DD Dollfies) I wanted to ask if any of you played it? I got it a bit late this summer and played it in an on-off manner thanks to Minecraft. Everytime I keep playing though things get highly entertaining and interesting enough that I just want to keep playing, looting, attacking, and questing a lot. It's one of those games that is just fun. The game is as hard as they say it is, and it doesn't take kindly to those that want to be lazy. It'll beat bad habits while rewarding you for actually having a brain of your own. There is challenge everywhere to be had, with pawns keeping you safe whenever they can. They also can have a mind of their own to harvest or to fight for you when they learn their Master's habits.

My main pawn is a Fubuki - Strider. She knows what she is doing and shouldn't be underestimated heh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu0OX_ZIH9I

---

---

I'll admit it is rough around the edges; The pros heavily outway the cons in this game though. It knows know what it wants to do and gets them right, except for the little things like romance here and there. If you have a PS3 or 360 I recommend giving this game a go. There is also a free DLC-expansion coming out that will give the game hard-mode & add new content - Dark Arisen. Join now or forever be in regret!

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Dragon's Dogma

Post by Shiaoran » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:15 pm

I was hyped about this game, but when I played the demo it was a major letdown and I lost all my faith on it. Boring as hell, I'd rather play Desert Bus. Not to mention your companions that are as annoying as those beggars on Assassin's Creed, except you can't kill them for good riddance!

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki

Post by ArcticKitsune » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:38 am

Really? You found DD boring eh? Well whatever. Each to their own. I found it entertaining and highly rewarding, more so in the full version. You're not given full control in the demo so it's only natural that you find it boring; wants you to play full game. And ya, I'll grant you that one bit of negativity that pawns get absolutely annoying, but they can also be highly amusing when you let them act on their own.

I had some nice moments where Fubuki would mine away at the ore veins without me telling her to, she just learned from me; foreign pawn would 1) Pick up the explosive barrel and set it off in the Windtorn valley entrance for no reason 2) Use explosive barrel to blow up the boss by igniting it with my arrow; Having pawn pick up what you can't when encumbered; guide you when lost on quests on quests(guide others as well); and just be of assistance for you as a pack mule.

I probably shouldn't be comparing it to Skyrim, but I shall anyways because it already was. I shall say that I love DD's attempt at artificial intelligence over what Skyrim's followers has. They won't get you killed and they'll assist you over the followers in Skyrim. They're more life-like and adapt to the situation.

(Note: I wish I took a screen of the pawn using the explosive arrow to blow up the boss yet I was too surprised or shocked. I read the moment and just set it off.)

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:56 am

Good to know that it's one more for the list of games where the demo sucking is the result of incompetent people doing the demo, not the game itself XD
I guess I'll give it a go if I get it for free on PSPlus or if it gets a PC version (so I can pirate it :P It's justified though, because there are no rental shops here in Brazil anymore). But I can't see myself risking money on this game.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki

Post by ArcticKitsune » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

After finally making peace with BSW you had to disappoint me when it comes to Dragon's Dogma. I'm annoyed with you guys calling this game shit or being spoiled with it. Posting here so I can update this with the Dark Arisen addition.

------

- Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYOTGmaJMIY

For those that haven't played with be able to play from the beginning, with this. The new players will get the straight package while those that did purchase DD will obtain their own armor set, additional armor sets, 10,000 Rift Crystals and even free Everstones for eternity. I'm also glad there is more to to do, more to fight, more to customize with, and more to simply interact with. The menus will also be touched up and retrofitted into the past game.

- Where are we going?
Bitterblack isle - We're basically going to the underworld to decimate foes and to conquer their loot. Those that played the game before will be given loot and equipment to show their "loyalty" to the game.

---

As with anything, I enjoy the game and the features yet it is always the people that manage to piss me off. Whether if it a Figma, Busou Shinki, Nendo, game or whatever I find fun the mood always gets fowled by negative-minded people. People sadly are spoiled and spoil-spots. Either way, I do enjoy whatever it is I'm doing so I blame any negativity on them and their inferiority.

I quite enjoy DD because it keeps you on your toes up until you start a new game. It forces you to think, to travel, to prepare and people just don't like that. They would much prefer to be guided on rails being told what to do. There is no magic, there is nostalgic memories of of how you struggled to victory in the various dungeons. I'm supporting DD because I prefer this kind of freedom of gameplay over a rail-guided decision-making mechanic. It is also trying to be a great game. More games need Pawns like these that can hold their own and think.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Dark Arisen! Let me at them!

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Making peace with BSW? When was I not at peace? :P (Not even with you, whom I consider a cool person to discuss with, who somehow thinks I'm dissing your religiious beliefs by disliking this game's demo :| )

I didn't call the game shit, it's just that it seems to be a "good enough" game that adds little at a time where there are so many other backloged games with epic execution in gameplay and story.
If I want a fanstasy game, I'll just go straight to Skyrim, which is a top of the list backlog of mine (waiting for all DLC to be released and community-made patches to fix major flaws). And until then I have plenty of other games that I don't need to risk playing those I'm unsure about, since as a gaming conosseur I've built up a backlog that almost goes back to the 4th Gen.

You're taking people's opinions too seriously for something that isn't at all related to you. If you were the the game's director, then I could undertand the rage, but while I hold my Saint Cloth Crowns very highly, I don't give a damn if people think they're shit. I didn't make them.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki

Post by ArcticKitsune » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Shiaoran wrote:Making peace with BSW? When was I not at peace? :P (Not even with you, whom I consider a cool person to discuss with, who somehow thinks I'm dissing your religiious beliefs by disliking this game's demo :| )

I didn't call the game shit, it's just that it seems to be a "good enough" game that adds little at a time where there are so many other backloged games with epic execution in gameplay and story.
If I want a fanstasy game, I'll just go straight to Skyrim, which is a top of the list backlog of mine (waiting for all DLC to be released and community-made patches to fix major flaws). And until then I have plenty of other games that I don't need to risk playing those I'm unsure about, since as a gaming conosseur I've built up a backlog that almost goes back to the 4th Gen.

You're taking people's opinions too seriously for something that isn't at all related to you. If you were the the game's director, then I could undertand the rage, but while I hold my Saint Cloth Crowns very highly, I don't give a damn if people think they're shit. I didn't make them.
Haha, don't worry I'm not mad at you. The demo did have faults and it did suck. The game itself is quite nice however and should of said it simply as that in previous posts.

I know you didn't, and again wasn't aimed at you but other folks. The game is nice even if struggling in various places. One of those games that can be compared to cake missing the whipped cream. The cake itself tastes awesome but would of been nice with that whipped cream type of analogy, thus why I love this game. Still awesome regardless.

I can't even play Skyrim in a stable way anymore because it keeps crashing or freezing. Really do want to go back to it. Maybe I am taking their opinions seriously, but I also don't like being insulted for the things I enjoy, or feel insulted when I can't find people enjoying it. *shrugs* Guess I'll just leave it at a "Their loss is my gain" type of thing. Anyways, time to search up more information for this ex-pack.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki

Post by ArcticKitsune » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 am

And I beat Dragon's Dogma and got into the NG+. I made a male character, now waiting to race to the end so I can regain my Sneliska I had before, She was awesome. The male Arisen I made looks horrible, or at the very least not attached to him because I haven't had time to grow with his character. We'll see.

Also, Dark Arisen in incoming with epicness! For those that hate Dark Risen I shall send you into that hellish world to suffer. Bring on the darkness so I can go conquering it! Can't wait when I ready it up for NG++ :).

- Dark Arisen - Japanese Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-157xg-HHQg
(Also a PV for the Japanese female music track.)

- Dark Arisen - Normal English trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjoCeUwGNac

- Dark Arisen - First Trailer/Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEUGB4SiMw4

I'm addicted and posesssed by this game that I'm trying to even it out with other games. So attached and twisted by that true ending.