Talk about whatever you want!
xiand666
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 16
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Re: Your Local Ghost/Mystical creatures/stories

Post by xiand666 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:32 am

Caterwaul wrote:Is that the one that's a flying head with hanging entrails it uses to strangle victims to death?
Nah, it's basically the whole upper half of a human body, chest and arms included + wings to fly. It uses long nails or teeth to kill victims...

I've never heard of a floating head with entrails before though; personally I think that'd look way more freaky than an aswang if I ever saw both in real life :eek: (hope to God i will never, lol)

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:37 am

xiand666 wrote:
Caterwaul wrote:Is that the one that's a flying head with hanging entrails it uses to strangle victims to death?
Nah, it's basically the whole upper half of a human body, chest and arms included + wings to fly. It uses long nails or teeth to kill victims...

I've never heard of a floating head with entrails before though; personally I think that'd look way more freaky than an aswang if I ever saw both in real life :eek: (hope to God i will never, lol)
Too bad, you'll see one in Bali Island... yeah, i'm talking about Leak (Leh-Ak). There are 2 kind of Leak, as far as i know... The "Dead" Leak & the "living" Leak. The "dead" one is a Ghost version, while the "living" one means people who possess black magic to BECOME a Leak. Pretty much like Manananggal, Xiand ^^;

Surprisingly enough, there are creatures like this in Manado city, North Sulawesi/Celebes. They're known as PokPok. And yeah, same thing as Leak & Manananggal.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 am

Found the one I was thinking of!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penanggalan

Detaches the head, and flies around with just the lungs, stomach, and entrails trailing below it.

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8

Post by Ninth » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Drango wrote:The man was driving down a road, when he saw a girl in a white dress standing by the road side...
There are lots of ghost stories like this in North America, and doubtless more throughout South America and Europe. It's generally known as the "Phantom Hitcher" story. There are lots of variations on the story too; sometimes she's killed in a hit-and-run, sometimes as a passenger in a car crash; sometimes she asks for a ride to her boyfriend's house or a party instead of her family's home, or even for a ride to the graveyard. Sometimes it's a young man instead of a young woman, and in some stories, the hitchhiker is a living person, and it's the driver who's a ghost. I guess you could say that phantom hitchers are a category of ghost, like banshees or those vampires that fly around dragging their entrails.

There's another ghost similar to the phantom hitcher, that will walk onto roads in the dead of night, in the path of an oncoming car. The driver will freak out on seeing this, and either run himself off the road, or hit the brakes, probably 'hitting' the ghost, but when he or she gets out to see if anyone was hurt, the ghost is gone. Again, there are some variations on this story, where the ghost is of someone who committed suicide by running into traffic, trapped in re-experiencing their death with new victims each time.

There are several bridges in the US that are each known as "Crybaby Bridge." Wikipedia has a short list of locations. The general story is that a baby or young child was killed at or near the bridge, sometimes of drowning, and sometimes the kid's crying can be heard by the bridge.

Native Americans, especially in colder climates, had a story of a monster called the Wendigo. It looks like a human suffering late-stage hypothermia: its skin is blue, especially the lips, the tips of its fingers and toes are black from frostbite, and some of its fingers and toes are even missing. There's sometimes a layer of frost on its skin. Also, because of the hypothermia, even though its body is terribly cold, it thinks it's being afflicted with a painful heat, and sometimes babbles to complain it's burning up; my favorite version of this story had a Wendigo whose feet were trapped in blocks of ice, and it would scream, "My burning feet! My fiery feet of flame!"

Anyway, the Wendigo stalks people during winter; it's very good at staying out of sight, but it likes to make extra noise so its victims still know they're being followed. Eventually, some of the people it follows will panic, and will run blindly through the snow trying to escape. When this happens, the Wendigo runs them down and savagely beats them, claws them, and bites them. Some people die, some people escape, and some people are affected so badly they become Wendigo themselves, chasing their own victims down while half-naked and raving that they're too hot. The Wendigo's kinda like a very mean yuki-onna.
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Wendigo are cannibalistic too, usually. :)

xiand666
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 16
MMS owned: 5

Post by xiand666 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:15 am

Really? You mean Wendigos can eat each other? Sucks to be them when your kind isn't even your ally or something...
Storm Wing wrote:Too bad, you'll see one in Bali Island... yeah, i'm talking about Leak (Leh-Ak). There are 2 kind of Leak, as far as i know... The "Dead" Leak & the "living" Leak. The "dead" one is a Ghost version, while the "living" one means people who possess black magic to BECOME a Leak. Pretty much like Manananggal, Xiand ^^;

Surprisingly enough, there are creatures like this in Manado city, North Sulawesi/Celebes. They're known as PokPok. And yeah, same thing as Leak & Manananggal.
Man, it sounds like something gruesome right out of Silent Hill or Fatal Frame. I loved those games, but I'd probably shriek like a girl before dying of fright if those ever happened to me. -_-;

BTW, Off-topic but just a bit of trivia: "PokPok" in Tagalog is a slang term for prostitute :lol: Seeing a real Pokpok is no laughing matter however...

Caterwaul
News Reporter

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:39 am

Wendigos are/used to be human. And they eat humans. In some legends/lore, they become Wendigos BECAUSE they break down and eat human flesh. Technically I guess you could say they're anthrophagous rather then cannibalistic.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:01 am

Caterwaul wrote:Found the one I was thinking of!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penanggalan

Detaches the head, and flies around with just the lungs, stomach, and entrails trailing below it.
See? Just like Leak in Bali island. ^^;
Ninth wrote:
Drango wrote:The man was driving down a road, when he saw a girl in a white dress standing by the road side...
There are lots of ghost stories like this in North America, and doubtless more throughout South America and Europe. It's generally known as the "Phantom Hitcher" story. There are lots of variations on the story too; sometimes she's killed in a hit-and-run, sometimes as a passenger in a car crash; sometimes she asks for a ride to her boyfriend's house or a party instead of her family's home, or even for a ride to the graveyard. Sometimes it's a young man instead of a young woman, and in some stories, the hitchhiker is a living person, and it's the driver who's a ghost. I guess you could say that phantom hitchers are a category of ghost, like banshees or those vampires that fly around dragging their entrails.

There's another ghost similar to the phantom hitcher, that will walk onto roads in the dead of night, in the path of an oncoming car. The driver will freak out on seeing this, and either run himself off the road, or hit the brakes, probably 'hitting' the ghost, but when he or she gets out to see if anyone was hurt, the ghost is gone. Again, there are some variations on this story, where the ghost is of someone who committed suicide by running into traffic, trapped in re-experiencing their death with new victims each time.
Ah, the vanishing Hitch hiker. One of my favourite urban legends.
Ninth wrote:There are several bridges in the US that are each known as "Crybaby Bridge." Wikipedia has a short list of locations. The general story is that a baby or young child was killed at or near the bridge, sometimes of drowning, and sometimes the kid's crying can be heard by the bridge.

Native Americans, especially in colder climates, had a story of a monster called the Wendigo. It looks like a human suffering late-stage hypothermia: its skin is blue, especially the lips, the tips of its fingers and toes are black from frostbite, and some of its fingers and toes are even missing. There's sometimes a layer of frost on its skin. Also, because of the hypothermia, even though its body is terribly cold, it thinks it's being afflicted with a painful heat, and sometimes babbles to complain it's burning up; my favorite version of this story had a Wendigo whose feet were trapped in blocks of ice, and it would scream, "My burning feet! My fiery feet of flame!"

Anyway, the Wendigo stalks people during winter; it's very good at staying out of sight, but it likes to make extra noise so its victims still know they're being followed. Eventually, some of the people it follows will panic, and will run blindly through the snow trying to escape. When this happens, the Wendigo runs them down and savagely beats them, claws them, and bites them. Some people die, some people escape, and some people are affected so badly they become Wendigo themselves, chasing their own victims down while half-naked and raving that they're too hot. The Wendigo's kinda like a very mean yuki-onna.
Wendigo... Barely know them... Only knows dat Hulk is his enemy XD
Caterwaul wrote:Wendigo are cannibalistic too, usually. :)
Urgh... =_=;;
xiand666 wrote:Really? You mean Wendigos can eat each other? Sucks to be them when your kind isn't even your ally or something...
Storm Wing wrote:Too bad, you'll see one in Bali Island... yeah, i'm talking about Leak (Leh-Ak). There are 2 kind of Leak, as far as i know... The "Dead" Leak & the "living" Leak. The "dead" one is a Ghost version, while the "living" one means people who possess black magic to BECOME a Leak. Pretty much like Manananggal, Xiand ^^;

Man, it sounds like something gruesome right out of Silent Hill or Fatal Frame. I loved those games, but I'd probably shriek like a girl before dying of fright if those ever happened to me. -_-;

BTW, Off-topic but just a bit of trivia: "PokPok" in Tagalog is a slang term for prostitute :lol: Seeing a real Pokpok is no laughing matter however...
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Caterwaul wrote:Wendigos are/used to be human. And they eat humans. In some legends/lore, they become Wendigos BECAUSE they break down and eat human flesh. Technically I guess you could say they're anthrophagous rather then cannibalistic.
Hm... Dat's almost like a ritual of "eat your prey & you'll haev the prey's power" in some ancient history of native warrior in deserted island...

Found another creature story: Of course, you guys know about werewolves, right? Indonesia have a similar stories about it, but it's really different.

In some area, no one kept a dog as a pet. But, wut if you see a dog in dat area (and ABSOLUTELY no wild dogs anyway)? Dat's wut we Indonesian called as "Pesugihan Anjing Ngepet" (Pesugihan of weredog). Pesugihan means some "black magic ritual"/sorcery to gathers money by transform into an animal spirit & stole money. Dat's why, there are also Babi Ngepet (Werepig), and usually, only these 2 animal been chosen for the Pesugihan ritual. Indeed, some dogs/pigs were shot with a gun, & they found a dead human with the EXACT same shot wounded area.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:19 pm

ive heard of that!!!! its a large flying one eyed beast called a beholder!!! its like super smart and big. it lives in like hives in volcanos or something!!! i got a book of monsters.....the only thing i gotta disagree with you is the entrails are like eye stalks and it bites stuff and uses spells.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:30 pm

heres a story im quoteing from my book of monsters called "A Practical Guide to Monsters" a book about monsters and myths i found.....just cause its a kids book that only describes the monster with no story doesnt meen it isnt a real story that ive looked up online, anyways...here it is: NIGHT WALKER - Taller than a house and made of pure darkness, the nightwalker lurks in shadows of the evening hours. Vaguely humanoid in shape, it wears no clothing and has a smooth hairless body. It can crush a weapon simply by picking it up and frighten a foe to death with one evil look. This strong spellcastr can also call forth an army of other undead to serve its evil plans. <there it is straight out of the book!! the pic of it is creapy too......but not scary.....its almost cute like a little puppy....lol!!! bad pic and over dramatic description like "it can frighten an opponent to death with one look"? i meen realy!! but its undead and in folklore so i figure ill post it