Gunpla Adventures

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

Dremare
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: MaoChao

Re: Gunpla Adventures

Post by Dremare » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Well, that was to be expected (Virtue being a girl, really). But how will they explain the talking backpack later on?

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Can't say how they'll roll with it in Gunpla Adventures, but for How To Gunpla, I think they all knew about it in advance.

How To Gunpla 6th: Trans-AM Raiser (wait! That's the...!):

1) Chronologically, this is the first time the Trans-AM Raiser has appeared in picture comic form to my knowledge. The actual first-time-to-my-knowledge was in the Jingle Gundam special.

2) The new terminal (an improvement over the Wii-Mote they used to use) is a Nintendo DS Lite my mom found just lying around after my old 1st generation DS fell out of my pocket and broke. I'm surprised both still work (the 1st generation because part of the part that attatches the top screen broke, and the Lite because I have no clue what it went through).

3) This would mark the chronological first appearance of the Master Grade Exia, while its true first appearance in my comics was in the Day at the Hobby Shop interlude.

4) There may finally be a new Gunpla Adventures soon, as I'll have access to Photoshop again within the next few days (I don't have it at home, so I have to use the computers at school. As I was on break for most of January, I had no access to Photoshop at all until now).

5) Kyrios's line regarding the greatest model kit ever is not refering to the Perfect Grade 00 Raiser. These pictures were initially taken before it was even announced.
Now where did I put that Kanoka disk?

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:17 am

Tahu Metru13 wrote:5) Kyrios's line regarding the greatest model kit ever is not refering to the Perfect Grade 00 Raiser. These pictures were initially taken before it was even announced.

why do i have the feeling that at some point in the future you're gonna show the PG 00 Raiser in comic....?

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:32 am

halconfenix wrote:
Tahu Metru13 wrote:5) Kyrios's line regarding the greatest model kit ever is not refering to the Perfect Grade 00 Raiser. These pictures were initially taken before it was even announced.

why do i have the feeling that at some point in the future you're gonna show the PG 00 Raiser in comic....?
Maybe it's befause I intend to get it at some point? :thumbsup:

How To Gunpla 7th: Master Grade Exia (continued):

1) The reason why Nobel called Seraphim "big bro" will be explained in Gunpla Adventures.

2) I had gotten Seraphim at the same time that I got the Trans-AM Raiser, but built Seraphim off-screen. An in-character explanation for this is, when Dom built Seravee's backpack by himself, he unwittingly modified it into a HG Seraphim Gundam.

3) The reason why Susanowo thought they were building the Exia R1 is because he thought they were going to take advantage of the Master Grade Exia Ignition Mode's ability to be converted into the R1. As you can see, this asumption got him in trouble with Zako Zaku.

4) I am downright in love with the Master Grade Exia. :D The only problem is that the left hip joint is very loose on mine. :|

Dremare
Class A Shinki

Post by Dremare » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 pm

Niiiiiiice, MG Exia? : D

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:14 am

Now if only Susanowo hadn't messed that up and tried to build the R1 Exia, the How To Gunpla crew wouldn't have a mess on their hands.

That aside, it's long overdue, but I finally have the next comic of Gunpla Adventures ready. Sorry for leaving with you all with a clifhanger.

017: Striking Freedom:

1) This comic is shorter than what I originally intended. I planned to go into a scene where they were getting ready to turn Drei back into Nobel, but figured I'd leave that for next time.

2) Of the four mechs who were talking in the last panel, I only have model kits of two of them. A hint as to the identity of one of them is the fact that machine appeared in the Jingle Gundam special.

3) For the time being, I should have a new Gunpla Adventures up each week on average. This is bound to change with little or no warning.

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:43 pm

As long I'm here, I might as well show what my next Gunpla was.

How To Gunpla 8th: Gaddess:

1) In the last panel (or second-to-last if you include the blank space), Susanowo called for his mother in Japanese. He's a samurai. What kind of samurai doesn't know Japanese?

2) In that scene taking place in Gaddess's head, everything was hand-pixeled except for the pictures of Lockon and his two mechs (well, the mechs of both Lockons if you want to get technical).

3) I have no idea how Kyrios got his hand on Arche Gundam's sword, or how he's going to live through Arche's attempt to get it back.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:22 pm

beware.... lockon fangirl on the loose XDDD

Dremare
Class A Shinki

Post by Dremare » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:09 am

Obsessive, eh, Gaddess?

Tahu Metru13
Class B Shinki

Post by Tahu Metru13 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:16 am

Quick question, everyone: what do you do when a piece of your model kit breaks? Well, let's see what the bad guys are trying to do to answer that question.

How To Gunpla 2nd Interlude: *SNAP!*:

This is based on a true story. The left knee joint of my Arche Gundam broke one day, so I ordered a replacement part online. Thankfully, my efforts allowed me to save the model kit.