Warring At Play

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Warring At Play

Post by Polenicus » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:02 pm

rubixbox wrote:Very nice.
Also, about the Chapter 5 splash page you put up a while ago-That Strarf in the center...is that the WaP Strarf, or CI's Strarf? or is she both?
In reply, let me unambiguously say OH WAIT LOOK HERE'S A RUNNING BATTLE UPDATE!
Notes:

1. And so ends this tale of an alternate universe. And perhaps, so begins the tale of its heroes? Time will tell, but if response is positive I think I'm going to make more of these.

2. For those that aren't clear, this whole sequence has been a flashback Protector has been having.

3. Yes, this is an excuse for me to show off my Fansproject and Classics/Henkei/Universe/Generations goodies :p But at the same time, I found something interesting and compelling about Fansproject's Parallax and Crossfire universe. If I continue this, more elements from that will definitely be incorporated. Yes, that means combiners.

4. While working on this, my job situation changed for the worse, and I no longer have access to this location for filming. Thankfully I got all my shots done beforehand. As my work situation is somewhat tenuous at the moment, I don't think I'll be filming any more battles on my breaks. Except possibly short ones that I know I can finish. Those of you curious about my work woes can read about it here: Give Us Money Or Else!

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Okay, that was awesome. Possibly as awesome as Saber killing Ustulo.
Saber worship aside, I liked Parallax. It was a nice little story (even if it boiled down to "Orion Pax drives in, kicks aft, and chews bubblegum"), but this last update makes me want to know more, particularly about Pax and his relationship with Dion.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Wed May 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Sorry for not posting this here sooner, but I honestly thought the issues with WaP's main site would be resolved by now ><

Since the site is down, this update will be old school.

UPDATE

Notes:

1. For those who want to see the Parallax in it's entirety, it's been posted on Flikr, starting here

2. Finally, back to Warring At Play proper! and not even job woes or website issues are gonna stop me!

3. ... Though Prowl provoking CI Strarf into killing all my main characters? I suppose that might stop me. Hmmm... Hafta think on this...

4. On the subject of CI Strarf... she is a BLAST. There's just something about posing and emoting a character who's attitude and confidence are just so utterly over the top

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Sat May 14, 2011 1:03 am

The website is still down, but we're on the trail of the problem. Apparently after we updated the Java permissions decided to give us a big 'ol middle finger. It should be back and functioning soon.

In the meantime, another old-school update, just to show I'm not gonna let this slow me down ^^

UPDATE

Notes:

1. Just a short one, but it came out quick.

2. There's a reason the guy is Prime. Ass-kicking doesn't always equal authority. Sometimes diplomacy can yield some pretty sweet dividends. Such as getting an ally who can help you even the playing field with your biggest enemy. Which brings us back to the topic of ass-kicking. :p

3. Bet Grimlock's gonna regret missing out on all this.

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Sat May 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Great updates Pol. : :thumbsup:
Hopefully you'll get your website up and running.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Updates make me happy.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Thu May 19, 2011 11:13 pm

We're still rocking this old school. The website issue turns out to be a complicated tangle of FUBAR'd javascript permissions. Please bear with me, I promise it'll be worth it in the end.

I'm also slowly but surely working my way through converting Chapter 4 to PDF format.
UPDATE

Notes:

1. A day early even! I'm on a roll.

2. Lots of little facial tweaks in this one, mostly to the eyes. Trying to 'close' CI Strarf's eyes reminded me why I switched to the Bis model. It's just a lot of work, and the payoff just isn't as good as the real thing. But aside from that, I have to say the Mark I face sculpt for Strarf takes tweaks a lot better than the Bis. there's something more lively about it.

3. This update was just plain fun to do.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Fri May 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Ha ha ha! Wow, I didn't even notice the tweaks until you mentioned them! I'm definately going to need to learn how to do that myself, seeing as the MMS 1s have such deadpan expressions most of the time.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Thu May 26, 2011 2:40 am

Hmmm... you guys have been good, right? I suppose I can let you have this early. But you have to make it last until next Friday!
UPDATE!

Notes:

1. This Chapter is all about tying up some loose threads, and I've got plenty. Now we get a bit more of a look at what Shinki Mengela is up to. Though the purpose of the prototype is still not clear.

2. People Jars, yay!

3. Seems Divebomb is struggling with a kind of addiction. Except that little voice that keeps coaxing addicts back down the path of their illness? Well, you have to ask if it's actually all in his head or NOT.

4. I said I was gonna wring value out of that cursed ARK playset, and slowly but surely I am. Still wish I hadn't bought the stupid thing.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki

Post by Polenicus » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:09 am

I am so very tired. It has been a long week, sleep has been difficult enough just from the sticky hotness of oncoming summer, and I have finally hit my limit at work. I'm giving my notice tomorrow, replacement job or not.

Buuuut... There is an upside, and here it is.

UPDATE!

Notes:

1. Chaos noted that even though he knew this stuff was in the script some time ago, the timing was unfortunate, with me bringing out all these elements just as people are asking about them. Makes it seem I'm just being knee-jerk in my writing. Rest assured, there IS an overarching plan here, and we haven't actually deviated from it much at all.

2. Chaos did the weapon rez effect. He is now plotting his vengeance against me for making him do it.

3. Lotta talkyness and exposition in this chapter, but there's a lot to set up and explain. I guess we'll just have to settle for the knowledge that things can't ALWAYS be exploding. Well, HERE anyway. There's ALWAYSS something exploding SOMEWHERE.

4. Argent's HUD was based off the one from HALO. I looked at several video game HUDs, and tried to find one that had a techy feel to it, that seemed to be more than just stuff on a game screen, but actual readouts inside of a helmet. Metroid Prime's was a bit too busy for my tastes, but I found I liked this design.

5. Chapter 4 PDFs https://rapidshare.com/files/1276043389/Ch_4_PDFs.zip