It All Began With Shinki Stew...

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Re: It All Began With Shinki Stew...

Post by blade_anime » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:12 am

I'm thrifty, so I don't even have one. I only ever buy things in a series if it catches my interest. Such as drift and his soon to be coming "cousin"/"Brother" (well, he's a retool at least) Blurr.

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:09 am

shizen22
Class S Shinki

Post by shizen22 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:11 am

I wrote this strip late last month and is really more for my benefit than anything else. Kinda like self-therapy I guess. I was kinda getting ahead of myself towards the end of last year and got writer's block. So hopefully I'm now over it. Hopefully I also accomplished my secondary purpose as well. :D

Obviously this was also my chance to give a shout-out to a few of my favorite comics on TFW. Sorry to those that I left out but the list of favs is quite long so I had to pick a few out of a hat.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:05 am

Oi! Shizen! What did I tell you early on?! Some strips are better without an overarching plot and dialogue. That isn't where your strength lies. It lies in great photography, expressive posing (Love the Groiser-X, by the way!) and either emoticons or quick one-liners. Stick with that, because Shinki Stew is one of the grand total of three (3) photocomics I follow. And you're right; you're not getting paid, so don't feel like you have to adhere yourself to some strict update schedule. Just be creative with it! It seems to be working out for you!

shizen22
Class S Shinki

Post by shizen22 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Wow, thank you for your kind words; I'm very flattered by that. But I think you're missing out on some of the (IMO) much better stuff out there if you're only following 3 comics! I can give you a complete list of the ones I follow if you're interested. While I'll continue to use my strength where it can be applied, I also realize that I wouldn't grow as a creator if I don't try some of my ideas. That said, I am currently taking a much more carefree approach to my comic writing. Some things I just have to experience for myself before I can learn from it. :ach:

shizen22
Class S Shinki

Post by shizen22 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Continued in next post.

shizen22
Class S Shinki

Post by shizen22 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm realizing the hardest thing about this isn't coming up with new ideas for the strip but having the fortitude to resist posting a strip ahead of its planned upload date. orz

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:12 am

Wow! A warning about how different Characters were going to be different is what I was going to do in Mine too! (Seriously, even though I have done almost no work towards starting it, I already have a lot planned out.) For examply, Drift is going to be an ultra Weeaboo, Torca will be the leader of the Decepticonish group (Why? because he looks REALLY REALLY EVIL), Iguanus (AKA Stumpy) will be with the autobotish group etc. Of course, some characters, such as Mori Motonari, will probably be almost exactly like their original creators intended, because sometimes you just need a complete and total douchebag.

shizen22
Class S Shinki

Post by shizen22 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:37 am

blade_anime wrote:Wow! A warning about how different Characters were going to be different is what I was going to do in Mine too! (Seriously, even though I have done almost no work towards starting it, I already have a lot planned out.)
I think the fact that characters are going to be different is a given for lots of TF photocomics but I thought I'd put it in since I was going on the "word from the writer" tangent.

The writer has raised his "pew pew" level!

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:33 pm

RAIL RACER!! I freaking love that guy! Even the Energon gestalts don't hold a candle to him (FansProject upgrades notwithstanding). I'd say the only combiner that comes close is Beast Wars Magnaboss. The lack of neck kinda hurts that one...