Halconfenix Pseudocomic

For Manga & Photocomics including Busou Shinki & Other MMS toys.

Moderators: Chaos Incarnate, puppylove

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Halconfenix Pseudocomic

Post by halconfenix » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:30 pm

ok people i have a question for you all:

¿do you remember the little trains that attacked the little boat?

if you dont then CLICK HERE!

if you do then....

notes:

- finally my first action sequence! this is just part 1 of 6.... or what i call: the start of photoshop hell....

- jut to make it clear again: those little bots are NOT the drones Blade asked for the training session, some of them are the trains that attacked the little boat bot in Bart's introduction to the comic

- aerial fx are a pain to make, and i'm still n00b at bluescreen/chroma key related fx, if anyone can give me a good advice on how to improve it, will be appreciated.

- this must somehow compensate for the lack of comic b-day celabration omake :D

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Notes:

1) when i bough this toys i really did know nothing about them and i found out their rela names (and factions) AFTER i already mentioned them in the comic (when barricade talks with the seekers about them)

2) the full list of enemies in this sequence are:
-BattleStation (combiner)
-TrainWreck (combiner)
-Grunticus (combiner)
-ShadowBlaster (seeker)
-Sunstorm (seeker)
-StormCracker (seeker... who btw is mute!)

i'm doing this so you guys can keep track of the action, more or less...

enjoy!

Major

Post by Major » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 pm

Little teeny Combiner Teams FTW! \o/ And LOL @ *stomp*stomp*stomp*

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Wed May 19, 2010 12:59 am

this took me too much time to do, and real life got too much in the way so...
IT'S UPDATE TIME!!

Notes:

1) note to self: next time you do an extensive photoshooting session make sure you doublecheck your camera setting before taking key shots... some pics came out blurry.... too much photoshop had to be used to fix it...

2) this is until now the most FX heavy update so far, i even was experimenting with new stuff on the go, so some parts are still "inconsistent"... please bear with me on this one ok?

3) there are still 3 more parts to go.... i just hope next one doesnt take that much time to make.... *sigh*

4) THANK YOU VERY MUCH to whoever nominated me for best new comic of 2009, even if i just got one vote, that's already more than enough to make me happy, because i know finally that i'm really doing something right! :P

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:58 pm

i hate when real life gets too much in the way.... this has been a bad month for me... anyway....

enjoy for now... i'll get back to the main storyline once i get some RL issues solved!

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:19 pm

WARNING: before reading this update you play this as background music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os8zVKyVdsU

Notes:

1) i was planning to go big and post this and next part in one go, but even if i am on vacation, the time i have is so little... so next part will have to wait

2) although i liked how the FX turned out i still need to find out a way to make perfect energon (aka: blood) related FX, can someone give me a quick and dirty tutorial about it???

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Your effects are coming along nicely! And I like the almost casual way Blade dealt with their attackers (Not even watching as he deflects the shots of chibi-Ruination, instead watching Strarf, then harpooning the poor guy and smashing him with a single punch)

As for the issue you mentioned before about shots being out of focus, this is an undocumented feature of autofocus on all cameras equipped with it. Autofocus is made from equal parts Evil and Retard, which means when you line up the most epic shot you've ever arranged, your camera will decide instead of focusing on the items filling the focus target area, it will focus on the small speck of junk on the floor in the far left corner of the shot, putting everything JUST enough out of focus that it's unusable, even though it looks okay on the dinky LCD screen.

To combat this, I personally take the following measures:

1. Take each shot at least twice. I've taken the shame shot, with the same lighting and same settings, and gotten two utterly different results. Yay fuzzy logic!

2. Take the same shot with varying settings. Vary the exposure, ISO, etc. What looks good on the camera's LCD screen may look like crap on your computer, and vice versa, so having a variety ensures a greater chance of getting the best possible pic to use.

3. After taking the shot, use the camera's review feature to check it, then digitally zoom in to the part of the picture that SHOULD be in focus. If it is in focus, details will be crisp and sharp when you zoom in, right up to jaggies. If not, you will see a lot of fuzz. If you see fuzz on what should be sharp, retake shots.

4. If you're having trouble getting the autofocus to focus on what you want, move the camera slightly. I've found even a few millimeters of change can suddenly snap a shot into focus. Again, yay fuzzy logic.

5. Increase the lighting. The more light you have, the better the shot will be, period.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:47 am

Polenicus wrote:Your effects are coming along nicely! And I like the almost casual way Blade dealt with their attackers (Not even watching as he deflects the shots of chibi-Ruination, instead watching Strarf, then harpooning the poor guy and smashing him with a single punch)
being the oldest toy in my collection he's alredy very experienced when it comes to wars and stuff like that :P

(that and the fact that Blade's half decent articulation and lack of alternate hands dont leave another choice when it comes to posing, good thing i already have a solution for that heheheh)

i still have to try and fine tune some fx though, photoshop CS is not exactly user friendly when it comes to certain FX... :*(

although i pretty much envy your mad skillz on gimp :headbang: ... which is a living hell for me (compared to photoshop)

Polenicus wrote:As for the issue you mentioned before about shots being out of focus, this is an undocumented feature of autofocus on all cameras equipped with it. Autofocus is made from equal parts Evil and Retard, which means when you line up the most epic shot you've ever arranged, your camera will decide instead of focusing on the items filling the focus target area, it will focus on the small speck of junk on the floor in the far left corner of the shot, putting everything JUST enough out of focus that it's unusable, even though it looks okay on the dinky LCD screen.

To combat this, I personally take the following measures:

1. Take each shot at least twice. I've taken the shame shot, with the same lighting and same settings, and gotten two utterly different results. Yay fuzzy logic!

2. Take the same shot with varying settings. Vary the exposure, ISO, etc. What looks good on the camera's LCD screen may look like crap on your computer, and vice versa, so having a variety ensures a greater chance of getting the best possible pic to use.

3. After taking the shot, use the camera's review feature to check it, then digitally zoom in to the part of the picture that SHOULD be in focus. If it is in focus, details will be crisp and sharp when you zoom in, right up to jaggies. If not, you will see a lot of fuzz. If you see fuzz on what should be sharp, retake shots.

4. If you're having trouble getting the autofocus to focus on what you want, move the camera slightly. I've found even a few millimeters of change can suddenly snap a shot into focus. Again, yay fuzzy logic.

5. Increase the lighting. The more light you have, the better the shot will be, period.

i already am using some of those "tricks" to make my comic look decent... but the rest are pretty mush impossible to accomplish with my current camera and to be honest i cant get a new one until i get the money to get a new laptop...

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:28 pm

anyway...

Notes:

1) FX are still inconsistent.... there were some parts that i didnt like how they turned out.... but i cant help it for now...

2) if the rest of my house had better lighting i would have worked this better, sometimes i feel that i'm seeing a 2D fighting game instead of a dynamic action sequence....

3) for the people who was hoping for a death-by-lightsaber scene... sorry! Angels dont do that.... yet!

4) i need to find out how Dila does those awesome "arnval flying" shots! ASAP!

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:32 pm

UPDATE!

Notes:

1) this is the last part of my 6-part action sequence wich is good since i can now move on with the story...

2) i really need to master face photoshop.... after reading Pol's latest update this is pure *BLEEP* compared to his stuff